Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Update for Wednesday

Here are a couple of notes I thought I should share.

First, my guest post is up at my friend Janice Hardy's blog, The Other Side of the Story. Have you ever written a novel that meandered and got too long, maybe even never seemed to finish? I'm dealing with one right now, and talking about it in a post today about "Structural Rewrite of Death." It's about when you have to abandon everything you've written and start over, without actually losing anything of what you've accomplished so far. If you've ever been in this situation, or if you fear you might be one day, check out the post.

Second, I'm still planning to respond to Hayley Lavik's request for a post on folklore. It's taking me a long time because I'm not a folklore expert, and so I'm trying to get in contact with a friend of mine who is, because I'd really like the post to be a humdinger and not just a collection of my random thoughts (much as you folks are used to those by now!).

I've had some delays in my writing endeavors due to cold and flu season, and I'm going to be taking today to try to catch up. I hope to have a more significant new post for you all tomorrow, and in the meantime, you can visit Janice's blog. While you're there, search around a bit if you're rewriting something, or querying, or dealing with other aspects of trying to get published. It's a gold mine of good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment