Wednesday, August 17, 2011

At WorldCon, Day 1

We drove to Reno today; it took just over four hours. The hotel is enormous and the room is comfortable. The convention center is similarly enormous, but I'm starting to find my way around. I met Alan Smale near the registration desk - he's one of nearly twenty people I'm hoping to run into while I'm here. It's taken me hours to begin processing all the sessions I might be interested to attend. Today I went to a session about classic sf movies. Bob Eggleton was one of the people on the panel, and so I was able to meet him in person. He is a huge fan of classic sf, particularly monster, movies. I learned all kinds of things (especially since this isn't my area of expertise!).

I'll try to keep reporting each day that I'm here. It will be very busy and fun!

3 comments:

  1. Anything you can tell us about your adventures is cool with me. :D One of these days I'll finally be able to go, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you guys will make it to WorldCon one day.

    ReplyDelete