Monday, September 10, 2012

Fantastic article on Barack Obama's use of language

I'm back from my crazy travels of the summer, but still a bit jet-lagged and trying to pull my brain back together. I have posts in mind, just no energy to write them! This is frustrating. For the moment, though, I want to share this terrific article, Obama's English.

I hope you'll take the time to read it, because it's not really about politics as such, but about Barack Obama's skill with language and the discourses of different subgroups of Americans. As such, I found it absolutely fascinating. I hope you will too, and maybe we can discuss it in the comments.

I'm so happy to be back!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing out this article on Barack Obama's communication skills. Very fascinating. I could listen to him and Bill Clinton talk all day. Both men are inspirational and visionary in their public communication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

      Delete