Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Announcing Super Upcoming Hangouts!

The upcoming three weeks of Google+ worldbuilding hangouts will feature Special Guests!

Last week we had a great time talking about Weapons, Fighting, and Battles in worldbuilding. However, since it ended up being focused almost entirely on fantasy, we still have science fiction to discuss. That topic is now scheduled for March 28th, so we can be joined again by our guest Ken Burnside, who shared a lot of his own research and expertise during our last hangout.

So what will the topic be this week, March 14? I'm currently working on confirming a special guest who is a black belt in Wushu Kung Fu, so that we can talk about Principles of martial arts, and how they are portrayed in film. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be able to make it, so watch this space for confirmation.

Next week, March 21, we will be having with us special author guest Myke Cole, author of the awesome military fantasy novels Control Point and Fortress Frontier. He'll be joining us to talk about Armies. I'm hoping that will include logistics, organization, and culture.

Don't forget, hangouts happen at 11am PDT on Google+. Contact me in comments if you are not yet in my circles and need to be added. Also, if you are at work or simply can't make it for some reason, you can always catch up via YouTube or my written Hangout Reports.

I hope to see you at one of these!

3 comments:

  1. Our Kung Fu guest is officially coming! I'm very excited for the Martial Arts topic tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your written hangout reports. Thanks for keeping them going!

    --Riorlynë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Riorlynë! I'm behind on this week's, but I haven't forgotten it. I may have it out this evening or tomorrow.

      Delete