Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nebulas! and Baycon! So come and see me...

I'm having a busy two weeks. This is a good thing. This weekend I'm attending the Nebula awards, which is in San Jose this year. This is a great event for authors and agents and editors to attend, and I'm very excited to see some people that I rarely ever see because I'm so often head-down in my writing and real-life demands. I'll also be having the chance to interview some of the award nominees, and I'm very excited about it! I'll let you know how that turns out, and where to find the interviews afterward.

Next weekend, Memorial Day weekend, is the BayCon convention, and I'd love to see you there! I'm on some really terrific panels this time:

Location, Location, Location -- Setting Your Story in an SF World
 Saturday at 9:00 AM in San Tomas
(with Paul Carlson, Todd McCaffrey, Aaron Mason, Chaz Brenchley)

World Building Basics 
Sunday at 9:00 AM in Winchester
(with Bob Brown, David J. Peterson, Paula Butler, Aaron Mason, Leslie Ann Moore)

How Do You Create a Language for a SF/F World?
Sunday at 4:00 PM in San Tomas
 (with David J. Peterson)


Busy but awesome is the name of the game. I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Umm, those look like great panels, but are you ducking out on me? According to my assignments, we have a panel together that's not on your list:

    3. Fairy Tales and Mythology on Saturday at 2:00 PM in Winchester
    (with Juliette Wade, Karen Williams, Jenna M. Pitman (M), Irene Radford, Beth Barany, and Margaret McGaffey Fisk)

    What are we teaching our children about the fairy tales and mythology in today’s media, or even as bedtime stories? Are we staying true, or drifting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not ducking out on you, Margaret! Unfortunately, the hosts double-scheduled me Saturday afternoon with my writing workshop session. So I won't be able to make that one.

      Delete